Thursday, June 4, 2015

Definition Poem

I create beautiful works of art
And compose magnificent pieces of music.
I solve complex problems with my dexterity
And answer the previously unanswerable.
I generate ideas unheard of
And realize fantasies.
I can be supportive
And give courage, passion, and energy.
I establish peace within those in turmoil
And lift up those needing strength.
I am a messenger sharing a myriad of inspirational messages
And I enlighten the ignorant.
I won fights with death over countless lives
And I help the sick and heal the wounded.
Yet
I am the one that claimed the lives of those who died unnaturally, and not by accident
And I turn a blind eye to those writhing in pain.
I communicate slanderous and malicious messages
And I corrupt the innocent.
I drive those already in need to desperation
And I pretend not to hear the cries of the helpless and weak.
I suppress those I deem less powerful
And in me you'll see coldness, callousness, and selfishness.
I oppose ideas against stigmas of my own creation
And I am skeptical to all that is not concrete.
I create stir up trouble with my manipulation
And deceive others with false solutions to their problems.
I shun those that do not meet my standards of beauty
And I bend and twist the truth like a candy cane,
All at the same time.
What am I?




2 comments:

  1. Guesses in our class included: a soldier, time, and imagination. Getting warmer - it is abstract but not quite any of these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the use of word and volcablurary you used! I think this definition poem was really creative! I look forward into hearing your poetry slam!

    ReplyDelete